I’ve had a few people ask what the heck I’m up to these days, because it seems like I’m all over the place.
Which is kind of true. Actually really true. So here’s my current life in a nut shell.
**My full meal plan, recipes, workout programs, discounts, etc. included.**
I just recently moved to New Jersey to start my first full time job at Jet.com as a Category Specialist. For those who don’t know, Jet.com is an eCommerce platform that was acquired by Walmart, so I actually run my category on both Walmart.com and Jet.com. A lot of you have seen my IG stories of our Jet office, and yes it is as cool as it looks. Kombucha on tap, all the eggs and fruit (and all other food) you could ever want, and really awesome people as well. Definitely a happy place to be!
This is the first time I’ve had a full time job (just graduated from University of Michigan in 2017, and then graduated Duke in May 2018), so I was a little nervous of how my career would affect my fitness life and the businesses I run. The only reason I was nervous was because everyone always says how busy they are and how they don’t have any time for their workouts or to eat healthy now that they have a job, but honestly I call BS.
I’ve never been on such a good schedule/routine than I am now! I work from 9 am to about 6-7 pm, so I’ll preface it with that. Maybe you work longer, maybe shorter, but that’s just my current reality.
I’ve been waking up at 6 am every morning during the week (and I mean every weekday – not just when I feel like it) and then get to the gym around 7am. I walk to the gym every morning (which is right next to my work), so that 15 minute walk serves as part of my warm-up. Between 6 am and 6:45 am here’s a little breakdown of my morning:
- 6:00-6:05am: sit on my floor and stretch my neck/back with my eyes closed. So it’s kinda like I’m still sleeping, but just getting my body moving. This probably sounds so stupid but it’s made ALL the difference in my day. Just those 5 minutes to clear my head, prepare myself for the day, and stretch out my neck/back (which normally give me a lot of trouble), have given me such clarity and focus and I would recommend that everyone at least try it.
- 6:05-6:20am: bathroom stuff, get dressed, etc. Side note: I always set out my workout clothes and pack my gym bag the night before so that in the morning I don’t have to do anything extra. Saves a lot of time.
- 6:20-6:30am: eat breakfast (keep reading to see my current meal plan)
- 6:30-6:45am: drink my pre-workout (link to my fav pre-workout here), write in my journal, set goals for the day.
Then I walk to the gym, and work my ass off.
For those wondering, I do not currently follow FIGR:Shred or FIGR:Lean. What I am doing, however, is testing out a ton of different workouts and workout structures that I have been doing the past few years, seeing what works best when put together, and am planning on releasing a new FIGR program in the coming months. This one is taking longer to put together because I truly want it to be the best representation of what my actual workouts look like – and I’m not going to hold anything back.
What I can tell you for now is that this new program is going to be anything but the normal workouts you’ve tried in the past. I’m combining all of my favorite moves, workout structures, equipment, etc. to create a full experience of what kicking your own butt is supposed to feel like. I tested out some workouts while I was in Germany, and have just recently finished the current workout plan I put together, and am going to merge the two (taking only the best of the best) to form what I’m going to call FIGR:Elite.
Just for a little preview, it’ll include compound barbell movements (squats, deadlifts, cleans, bench) 3 days a week, 2 days of cardio & body weight circuits, and full body sculpting exercises with machines/dumbbells/kettlebells/etc., on those compound days as well. It’ll be for those of you looking to up your A game, increase your strength and overall fitness, and will be more intense/ have more difficult movements than my two previous programs.
So get pumped.
Back to my current life.
As for what I eat, I created a little “meal plan” that I’ve been following for the past 4 weeks, which is actually one of the only times I’ve really ever followed anything diet-wise. It’s pretty much just what I would normally eat on a daily basis, but written down in a more formal manner. The plan is only for the weekdays – on the weekends I’m not as strict but generally eat pretty well anyways.
The real reason I created this plan was because there are SO many good snacks at work that I would go OFF every day and just eat everything. And I’m happy to announce that the meal plan has been successful at preventing me from eating all those snacks – and helped me lose about 4 pounds. I’ve found that if I simply have to write down what I eat, I will stop eating the junk – which is why I created the meal plan and ALSO why I’ve provided daily food logs for everyone in FIGR:Shred and FIGR:Lean ! If you are interested in seeing what this meal plan entailed, simply click here. Here’s some additional links for specific recipes and products from my plan:
- Whey+ Protein Powder
- Green Juice (get 15% off if you use code KATELYNS15)
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Asian Turkey Bowl
- Maple Sriracha Glazed Salmon
Also side note – I don’t count macros or calories and I have 0 clue how many macros/calories are in that meal plan. All I can say about it is that I eat as many whole foods as I can and stick to foods that make me feel good and energized.
On a different note, on top of my full time job at Jet.com, daily workouts, and my fitness business, I also run a leadership and development business with my boyfriend!!
Some of you may have seen my Instagram posts about our Success Group on @katescrivfit, but in a nutshell we give people the skill set and tools to live out their most successful lives.
I am so passionate about this business because it’s truly given me the energy, desire and fulfillment that I’ve always wanted in life. I’ve never felt so whole! I never really knew what I was passionate about, and wasn’t sure what path life was taking me on, but I’m happy to say I’ve found my passion and that’s leading and developing others into their best selves. It’s also pretty cool because I get paid to develop myself into the best version of me while I’m at it. Nothing more rewarding.
Some of the things we do include:
- mental fitness coaching to help people overcome barriers and plateaus (whether that be in the gym, at work, at home, any area of life really)
- develop people into leaders so that they can excel in their current roles
- help people develop the financial literacy needed to truly prosper in today’s world
- help people grow as entrepreneurs and build communities of high achievers
Time, money, and mental strength are arguably the top 3 factors that prevent people from fulfilling their dreams and we get to help people get all that cleaned up. I absolutely love it. If you have questions about what we do or are interested in developing yourself, feel free to reach out – we’d love to help!
Another question I get a lot is “how do you manage to fit everything in?” And there’s a few things I think have helped. I’ll probably write a longer blog post on this, but I think what helps me the most are the following:
- I watch 1 hour of TV a week. That includes Netflix, movies, TV shows, anything. 1 hour. Nothing more.
- I don’t listen to music anymore – I have replaced it with audios that get me motivated, help me stay on track, and give me the mindset I need to achieve success. This helps me the most to “fit” everything in because it helps me stay focused on my goals – not on things that don’t move me forward in life.
- I’m extremely organized. I have a daily to-do list and calendars to keep me on track. I also prep everything for the next day (like I mentioned earlier) so I don’t waste any time.
- I get 8 hours of sleep every night. Non-negotiable. If I don’t get my sleep, I can’t function at my best and I would never get anything done purely do to sluggishness. Staying up later to “fit” things in will always backfire. Cherish your sleep.
- I’m passionate about what I do. I wake up every morning so excited with where my life is heading that I simply can’t wait to get started with my day. When you love and prioritize something, you find time for it. I prioritize my health and my future over nonsense that people waste their time on, and that’s how I’m able to fit things in. Priorities people.
Well friends, I believe that’s the end of my “current life of Katelyn” update. If you’re curious about anything I mentioned, I’m always available on my IG (@katescrivfit), my FB (fb.me/katescrivfit) or via email (email@example.com). Looking forward to hearing from you & please let me know what other things you’d like to read about in the future!