I’d like to call these my “famous” shrimp tacos, but they’re not really famous. They should be though. Yet another delicious meal to add to your menu of great dinner and/or lunch options! Remember it’s all about finding those healthy meals that you love and crave and replacing the bad meals with the good. That’s how you’ll be able to sustain a healthy lifestyle.
4 oz of sour cream (approx.)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
1-2 tbsp cumin
1 tsp salt
10 shrimp (thawed, without shells)
4 fresh garlic cloves (minced)
2 tsp olive oil
2 whole wheat tortilla
1 cup lettuce
5-10 cherry tomatoes (optional)
1/4 avocado (optional)
**all ingredient portion sizes can be set to taste and are all approximates. Use more/less cumin, cilantro, lettuce, tomato and avocado depending on your preferences.
1) First let shrimp sit in hot water until completely thawed. Then remove shells and let sit on paper towel until they are dried out.
2) Prepare the sour cream sauce by combining sour cream, most of the cumin (1.5 tbsp), salt and cilantro in a small bowl. Put in refrigerator until ready to serve.
3) Combine thawed/dried shrimp with rest of cumin, olive oil and garlic and mix evenly. Let marinate in fridge for about 10-15 minutes.
4) Cook shrimp in pan on medium heat. Let sit on one side until the underside of the shrimp becomes opaque, then flip to other side. Once the entire shrimp is opaque in color, turn heat up to med/high to char the outsides for a crispier outer layer (if that’s what you prefer).
5) On medium heat in a different pan, splash a bit of olive oil in a pan and heat up each tortilla shell. About 30 seconds each side.
6) Putting it all together: lay a bed of lettuce down first, then top with slices cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, the sour cream “sauce” and finally with the shrimp on top.
** I usually don’t use all of the sour cream topping, and I like to make more shrimp than I know I will eat so that I can have it all as leftovers the next day! Might as well make 2 meals while you’re at it.
Make sure to “like” and “subscribe” so I can know what you guys want in the future!