A lot of you asked for my roasted chickpeas recipe so here it is! It’s the best study snack and is a great snack that you can pack up and take with you on long days too. Chickpeas are high in protein, high in fiber and low in carbs which is so key for keeping you feeling full and satisfied throughout the day. And it’s so much better than packing high fat/calorie/carb snacks too:)
2 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 tbsp oil
Seasonings: onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika
1) Heat oven to 400 F.
2) Open cans of chickpeas, strain and rinse through with water, and pat dry.
3) Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet and coat evenly with olive oil.
3) Sprinkle with seasonings. You can add as much or as little as you’d like, and in whatever ratios as you’d like as well!
4) Put in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until noticeably crunchy. Make sure you stir the chickpeas around every 10 minutes or so while baking so that all sides cook evenly
5) Take them out of the oven and let cool, then eat however you’d like. Use as a salad topper, bag them up for lunches or eat them as a healthy snack – you can’t really go wrong with this one!