I’m a huge fan of finding alternative pasta options, and I think Banza is my most favorite yet! It’s made entirely of chickpeas, which means double the protein, half the carbs and 4x the fiber. PLUS the same yummy goodness as normal pasta. It’s a win, win (win, win)! Top it with shrimp (you know it’s my fav) and you got one easy, quick and delicious dinner about to dive right into your belly 🙂
- Banza pasta (any kind – I chose the shells)
- Garlic salt
- Pasta sauce
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Olive oil
- Shrimp (about 10)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- Cook Banza pasta according to the box.
- Thaw out shrimp by letting them sit in hot water. Remove shells after fully thawed and let shrimp sit out on paper towel. Pat dry.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat.
- Let shrimp cook on one side until the underside becomes opaque. Then flip all pieces of shrimp to the other side.
- Add minced garlic and stir throughout the shrimp evenly.
- Once shrimp are opaque throughout, turn the heat up to high to “sear” the outsides and give them a little more texture.
- Once everything is cooked, throw the pasta in a bowl, sprinkle garlic salt on top, add the pasta sauce and a little bit of parmesan cheese, then finish by adding the shrimp on top!